Gaetano Morelli Lectures Series (Vol. 3 - 2020)
- Gaetano Morelli Lectures Series -
Discourses on Methods in International Law
Rome: International and European Papers Publishing (2020)
This anthology collects some of the courses given at the third (2016), fourth (2017) and fifth (2018) editions of the Gaetano Morelli Lectures on "International Procedural Law: Common Principles or General Principles?", "Rethinking the Doctrine of Customary International Law" and "Methodologies of International Law". The volume is divided into three Sections respectively devoted to Methodology in International Reasoning (Section I), by Olivier Corten and Alessandra Gianelli, Methodologising Custom (Section II), by Michael Wood, and Methodology by Principles (Section III), by Serena Forlati and Jorge E. Viñuales.
Section I: Methodology in International Reasoning
1. Methodological Choices and Debates Concerning the Non-Use of Force
2. Origins and Challenges of a Positivist Approach to International Law
Section II: Methodologising Custom
3. The UN International Law Commission and Customary International Law
Section III: Methodology by Principles
4. The Role of the International Court of Justice in the Identification of Gen-eral Principles of Procedure
5. International Investment Proceedings: Converging Principles?
Jorge E. Viñuales
The works published in the Gaetano Morelli Lectures Series (Vol. 3 - 2020) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This work is distributed in open access format by International and European Papers Publishing and is availabre at crde.europeanpapers.eu/en/publications/GMLS.